Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

Dangers for Foreign Students
На страницу 1, 2  След.

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 1:34 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Dangers for Foreign Students Ответить с цитатой

Hi.

I was looking around the internet, when I was taken to this page, quite by accident.

It explains what life can be like for foreign (or more specifically, black) students, studying in Russia...

I found this quite disturbing and frightening; whether it's an accurate representation of reality or not, I don't know.

I would encourage you to read it all, including the comments at the bottom.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4737468.stm

Has anybody else had any kind of encounters like this in Russia?

Are Russians "typically racist"?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
Seinas

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 2:20 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Dangers for Foreign Students Ответить с цитатой

3BE3DbI писал(а):

hmmm...unfortunately, I would think so.

Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania are also the same, e.g skinheads, beating up Jews and Blacks etc etc
tanrah

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 3:27 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yeah, there are many unpleasant accidents whit black and arabian students. Especially in Saint-Petersburg. Some of them killed by racists and many foreign students were traumatized. One guy from Syria - he studied with me in University was beated two times by "skinheads".
After long-lasted economic crysis national extrimism is rather popular among young russians. But Police doesn't try to eliminate all racist and "skinheads" organisations, althoug officials declare "war against extremism". Some of them consider these organisations as a weapon against illegal migration...
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
tuga man

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 3:53 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Re: Dangers for Foreign Students Ответить с цитатой

Seinas писал(а):
3BE3DbI писал(а):

hmmm...unfortunately, I would think so.

Latvia, Estonia and Lithuania are also the same, e.g skinheads, beating up Jews and Blacks etc etc

yea you are absolutely right ... :(
:(
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Тихий

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 5:06 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Absolutely NOT.... Russians in general are not in any shape and form racist. In fact the "fascism" is still supposed to be one of the greates "evil" things for the general public there (remember, the vast majority of the russians have lost somebody in WW2 in their family)...

But, unfortunately, Russia is also the country with the largest registered skin-head/racist population. It is accounts for about 1/3 of the world's registered population of this scum. However it is only about 50000 or so. Even if you multiply it by x10 to account for any "unresgistered" population, its still a very minor fraction in the population (less than 1%)... So what I'm saing is -> no, in general they are not racists, but you have a greater chance of meeting a racist in russia as compared to, say, Taiwan, UK, or Chile...
devushka
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 5:30 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Тихий писал(а):
Absolutely NOT.... Russians in general are not in any shape and form racist. In fact the "fascism" is still supposed to be one of the greates "evil" things for the general public there (remember, the vast majority of the russians have lost somebody in WW2 in their family)...

But, unfortunately, Russia is also the country with the largest registered skin-head/racist population. It is accounts for about 1/3 of the world's registered population of this scum. However it is only about 50000 or so. Even if you multiply it by x10 to account for any "unresgistered" population, its still a very minor fraction in the population (less than 1%)... So what I'm saing is -> no, in general they are not racists, but you have a greater chance of meeting a racist in russia as compared to, say, Taiwan, UK, or Chile...

oh no.. in Chile we do got racist people too.. we got those stupid idiots "skins heads" *f*kers* specially in santiago (the main city or capital city) but the most discrimination acts are towards people of diferent economy status... rich people, poor people, middle class people....
i think in every country there are acts os racism.. or discrimination... in some countries more..or less.. but at the end, we always have "liudi invalidi" people around us >_<
Obezyanki

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 5:51 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Well I've heard from my friend's friend who recently came back to moscow, that there is racist people there and they get tired of new people and stuff? That could be true and plus, there is always racist people around the world, like in the usa we have the kkk and we still have neo-nazi's. I don't worry because that stuff is all in the southern states and I'm not afraid of those kinds of people anyways:)
Тихий

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 7:03 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

What I was saying is that in russia there might be slightly-more of them, than in Chile/UK/USA, etc... It doesn't mean that other places don't have em, just that "LI" might be less-frequent there.
cowsgomoo23

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 7:38 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

i dont think its only in russia either, there have been so many news articles about racist acts here ,more than i can count . but then again its really everywhere. Its a natural thing that happens all through out history, which is really sad. I dont understand how people look at people (for example african americans) and discriminate or even use violence towards them.
and i agree with obezyanka, we have the kkk and the nazi's. its really dissapointing and horrible how one can have so much hate for a group of people. but there was a REALLY good movie abut racism i saw (american history x) it was about this nazi dude in america and how he went to jail because he killed an african american(btw he hated jew, foriegn people,and african americans) and he ends up becoming best friends with an african american guy and reliezes that he is just the same as anybody.it was a really good movie to watch,very sad.i wont tell you the final ending cause if you want to see it=P

Последний раз редактировалось: cowsgomoo23 (Сб Мар 04, 2006 7:42 pm), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Посетить сайт автора AIM Address MSN Messenger
Seinas

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 7:40 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And of course, there is France. Anti-semitist attacks are very frequent there
Arnaudfrenchy

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 8:03 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Thank you to remind it Seinas ...

Anti-semitist attack are frequent when you have two stupid humans who don't understand that they belong to the same species...
The only place where there is no attack is the Kosmos !
Here we are free for the moment.
Sometimes I have shame about human behaviour and i want to leave earth...

Sorry for this angry moment

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 8:53 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Is the racism which exists in Russia more hatred to black people, as opposed to Westerners?

I imagined that, although there obviously are some racist morons, the vast majority is probably just as appauled as we are... that would be right, i guess?

Just wondering (it kinda fits in), are there many attacks on tourists in Moscow/ St. Petersburg? Like... white, naiive, Westerners on holiday there...? I suppose the vast majority of foreigners are blatantly obvious, and vulnerable.
cowsgomoo23

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 8:55 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

3BE3DbI писал(а):
I imagine the vast majority of foreigners are blatantly obvious, and vulnerable.

in new york ,you know someones not from here when they were "i love ny shirt" its almost like a "hey im not from here shirt"
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 8:58 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Lol, or "mug me"...

Off topic:
You live in New York?
cowsgomoo23

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 9:07 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

3BE3DbI писал(а):
Lol, or "mug me"...

Off topic:
You live in New York?

i do in fact live in new york haha
:)
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 9:50 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Wow... is there racism/ crime there?

Is it dangerous?
cowsgomoo23

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 9:59 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

in new york? no not really more or less than anywhere else. i dont live in the city but ive been there a lot. its really the same as any normal place.
necromantic_angel

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 10:57 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Here's my idea of NYC...

Just watch your back. It's like every other big city out there, say London. Yes of course there are racists, there are racists everywhere. You might be a racist and you don't know it, or just deny it.

Moving back on topic. I think Russians are kind of nationalistic, like they want their stuff for Russians only..not for anyone else, especially with all the Russian stereotyping going on. Besides, those kids that commited the crimes, they're kids who have the wrong upbringing and the wrong friends...right?
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Мар 04, 2006 11:28 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Their is crime and racism everywhere.
It is a problem, it is a bad thing.
But because it is only the bad stuff that gets reported people think.
It is a bigger, I dont think is big, like Тихий said the number of actual people like this is small.
It is just what they do gets the attention.

But I will add, Their was a program on the TV a couple of weeks ago about Nazi's and arian rock music.

It looked at how they were using music to recrut yong people to make them support facism.
And they openly admit to this saying:

"Teenagers are going to rebel against something, why not make them rebel against what we think is wrong."

And we know how easy it is for people to just accept things without thinking about it.
This is something to be thinking about.
Not about whats going on now, but what they are doing to spread the hate and keep it going.

So I have had my say, and have already posted what I think about racism in the "Tatuism" thread. I think it is just sad that people cant see past what others have told them is right, and make up their own minds on something.

www.tATuism.com - Powered by t.A.T.u. Fans!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение MSN Messenger
necromantic_angel

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Мар 05, 2006 12:31 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I watched a whole documentary about this. It's not just Aryan music. There is actually a white supremacist group in the UK that has people in government positions. I was shocked white when I found out about this. Forgot what they're called tho...if nyone wants to google...

All over N. America, there are lots of White Supremacists bands. They hold gigs in secret, usually there are about 100-200people. Not a lot, but if you add up all the bands in different locations together, it adds up. Their main goal is to get to the mainstream, which would prove to be disastrous. Take for example the 2 girls in Califronia who have been in the news in the recetn past singing racist songs...being that that they were featured in the media, their lives are to be spent in hiding now. Everyone's seen their faces, and people who hate racists can be just as bad as racists themselves.

Back to the the White Supremacist rock music...
This one guy even said that 'Whites' are a different species, 'nature's greatest experiment.' Such idiocracy he has.

Once in French class, we found inserted in one of the books a paper that said "Kill all blacks and Jews." Then it had the Nazi sign drawn all over it. Mme. B was horrified, very horrified. I would feel the same if I found out some of my students think that way.

I agree with Jon. They just can't understand the lessons from the past caused by this attitude. I'm not saddened or afraid or anything, but I'm puzzled why would anyone want to eradicate a whole race?
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

Перейти: