Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

'Plot to blow up planes' disrupted [UK]
На страницу Пред.  1, 2

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Kavi

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 5:43 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Yes well they get their college paid for and are expected to fight if the time comes, It's part of the risk of doing it, That's why if they do not want to fight they shouldn't, And i totally disagree with most of your points that Jon adressed, It's true U.S.A. has helped some countries but we have also ****ed so many more countries, In my opinion we are the worst modern country around.
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail MSN Messenger
Seinas

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 6:42 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

hey guys!! im just back from France!!

i heard this from my friend yesterday and i was real shocked

today at the airport in Lorient i bought the Sun and was reading it, i knew it was big news, but not THIS big.....Aer Arann refused all bottles and drinks on the plane...im still not sure what happend.....ive been away from tv and the net for over a week.....i must check the news coz im not that sure about what happend
Бум

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 6:52 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I hope,that all these problems will be solved till January because I am going to come to London, with Russian t.A.T.u. fans =)
talyubittu

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 9:57 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Kavi писал(а):
Yes well they get their college paid for and are expected to fight if the time comes, It's part of the risk of doing it, That's why if they do not want to fight they shouldn't, And i totally disagree with most of your points that Jon adressed, It's true U.S.A. has helped some countries but we have also ****ed so many more countries, In my opinion we are the worst modern country around.

Any examples of ****ing countirse over?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Kavi

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 10:15 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I don't mean as in betraying, But USA does not help countries unless they can profit from it somehow or unless it's threatening them as well... Take Iraq for example, You think those 100 thousand + people were all terrorists that died there? Everyone there wants us out.. Including the civilians, So obviously we are not helping them, We have lost around 3000 soldiers there already, Where are the weapons of mass destruction?
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail MSN Messenger
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 12, 2006 12:28 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

talyubittu писал(а):
Any examples of ****ing countirse over?

Now this is good. So it gets a replie.

It was during the first gulf war, read this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War#The_end_of_active_hostilities
And now we are in the situation that they wanted to avoid back then.

Apart from that im not giving you a history lesson.
You have the internet, you should look up the history of your country.
Everyone should it is interesting, just get a few perspectives before you decide what is fact.

None of us can know for shure what really happens because we were not their when it did.
And thats as much as im posting here, it has gone off topic.
So if you want to talk about war and the causes of war.
Start a war thread, but im not into polatics that much, I try my best to keep my life simple and such.

EDIT:
I live in the UK, we cant join the army to pay collage we just get into debt like everyone else. but if people join the army to get their collage payed then they should fight also. If they dont want to fight but cant afford collage they always have the option to cross the border.
Mabey not the best option but I do think you shouldnt join any army unless you want to fight, you join to fight, anything that comes with that is a bonus.

It is the reason I dont want to fight for "Queen" and country.
I dont recognise them as mine ;-)

www.tATuism.com - Powered by t.A.T.u. Fans!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение MSN Messenger
Бум

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 12, 2006 9:36 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

return_to_hades писал(а):

Цитата:
I hope,that all these problems will be solved till January because I am going to come to London, with Russian t.A.T.u. fans =)

I would tell you not to worry at all everything will be perfectly fine. US and UK seem to be hit by occasional waves of paranoia. I did a lot of travel in the country post 9/11. Just get to the airport a bit early so you can clear security. Check the list of allowed carry on and pack accordingly. It is really really very simple. No sweat at all. Seriously it is no big deal and dont let the media overexposure make you feel that it is. Pack your bags and go take a trip, I say.

If you are sure of travelling in January I would suggest doing an advance booking for flights are really low priced now. The prices will go back up in November when the holiday flying season begins.

thanks return_to_hades!I knew it!We will have plan to reserve ticket in september so will be cheaper and quieter. I hope that we will come to London quietly and without problem
x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Авг 12, 2006 11:43 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:

And reminder - without the financial and military aid of these two countries the face of the earth would not be the same. Your countries would be poor and probably Axis controlled. Not to mention having Coummunism spread throughout the world. But yes - f**k us because we help people. We're horrid. I mean it's not like we're saying horrible things about countries that help us or anything - that's just unfathomable. (Sarcasam).

Последний раз редактировалось: x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x (Пт Июн 29, 2012 3:40 pm), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
The King of Sting

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 13, 2006 12:21 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Just think, many more people than would have died if this had gone ahead will probably die in road accidents this week, yet that won't make the news, will it? Well, news and entertainment are one and the same, people like it spectacular. Same happens when there's a big train crash, lots of reviews and tribunals and general hysteria, yet people will get in their cars and go play automotive roulette without a second thought. Flying's the safest way to travel, if any mode of transport needs increased safety, it ain't aircraft.

And i'm just back from Bulgaria, no problem, check-in staff didn't seem to care so hand luggage came with me. Nice one, 3 and a half hours reading the safety procedure card over and over didn't seem too appealing.
Dean

СообщениеДобавлено: Вс Авг 13, 2006 3:13 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The King of Sting писал(а):
And i'm just back from Bulgaria, no problem, check-in staff didn't seem to care so hand luggage came with me.

Personally I value my life, and the life of others, over my hand luggage!

I'd much rather have to take off any excess clothes (jackets / coats etc, I'm not talking trousers, underwear, t-shirts...) - have them x-ray scanned, have my shoes scanned and be hand searched before I get on to a plane, and I wouldn't care if they did this every time I wanted to get on to a plane.

I'd rather not be allowed to take on my MP3 Player, my Nintendo DS or anything else to entertain me.

I'd rather know that the flight is as safe as it could possibly be, and know that I will make it to my destination in one piece.

Car accidents usually occur from stupidity, or human error (misjudgement). It is up to the individuals in the cars to ensure their safety and the safety of others around them (passengers, and other drivers).

With flights, safety is up to the airline - so when there's a plane crash, it reaches the news because of the number of lives lost, and because they look at things the airline could have done to prevent it.

One reason I don't like flying is because I'm not in control. You could say the same for being on a boat, but at least I know I'm a good swimmer... however, I cannot fly. As such, I'd rather the airlines took every single precaution they could possibly think of, than for me to find out the hard way that someone managed to get some explosives on board and use an electrical device to detonate them!
Jack

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 14, 2006 1:59 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Sorry for coming into this now, but I currently work at Heathrow airport, and unless you are associated with this at all you wont understand!
Firstly the bombers could have already consumed the explosive item or liquid and then just have the key second Component i.e. the Liquid, or the Electronic MP3 player which detonates the bomb.
I think people are being very naпve about how the effects would have been on both the American and British Economy if it had of slipped pass the net, and instead we would be creating a post of how many people died in such a tragic event.
Don’t get me wrong I am totally against this annoying process, like removing all non-essential items from your hand luggage. But as stated earlier unless you want a repercussion of September 11th, I would just pipe down and let the govt. do their stuff
I live 10 minutes away from one of the suspects, and to be honest it doesn’t surprise me one bit

Im just glad none of you who are against it are watching the X-ray machines at heathrow this week as my god they have alot of pressure on them
x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x

СообщениеДобавлено: Пн Авг 14, 2006 11:04 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
UK terror threat level downgraded

BAA is still advising people not to bring hand luggage
The terror threat to the UK has been downgraded from "critical" to "severe".
Home Secretary John Reid said the change was made because an attack was "highly likely" but not "imminent".

The change in the threat level means the ban on taking hand luggage on to flights from the UK has been lifted, although some restrictions remain.

Meanwhile, a British Airways flight from Heathrow to New York has been turned back because a mobile phone - banned at the time - was on board.

The change in the terror threat level was made by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre based on latest intelligence.

The threat level was heightened last week amid fears of a possible plot to blow up transatlantic airliners. This prompted a number of arrests on Thursday.

'Serious threat'

Officers are continuing to question 23 people in the inquiry.

Mr Reid said although police believe the main suspects in the alleged plot had been arrested, there was still the threat of a terror attack.

Speaking at a press conference on Monday, the home secretary warned that "the change in the threat level does not mean that the threat has gone away".

He said: "The public needs to know that there may be other people out there who may be planning to attack against the United Kingdom.

"That is why there are a number of other security service operations underway. There is still a very serious threat of an attack."

Meanwhile, the US Department of Homeland Security has downgraded the threat level for flights from the UK from "code red" to "code orange".

I want to stress that the change in the threat level does not mean that the threat has gone away

John Reid

Kelly meets Muslim groups
Bag advice for UK passengers
Send us your comments

The UK has been at the highest level of terror threat since police made arrests last Thursday in connection with the alleged plot to use liquid explosives on planes from the UK to the US.

But airport operator BAA has urged passengers using Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted not to bring hand baggage as it gradually phases in the latest changes.

It said the new rules on hand luggage will not come into force at all of its seven airports until Tuesday morning.

The company says it will need to brief its thousands of security staff, who will not be aware of the change because it was announced overnight.

The Department for Transport said passengers would now be allowed to carry one item of hand luggage on to flights, although there would still be some restrictions in place.

The department hoped the change would help ease congestion at airports.

Precautionary measure

Long-term changes to airport security checks outlined by Transport Secretary Douglas Alexander include the following:

Passengers can choose what to take on to a plane, but any form of liquid, fluid, lotion or gel will be banned. Electronic devices, such as laptops, will be permitted but will be thoroughly screened.

A medium-sized item of hand luggage will be permitted. This bag will be around half the size of luggage previously admitted.

Searches of passengers and their clothing will be conducted more frequently and are to be carried out by hand or using body scanners.
On Sunday night a British Airways flight was turned back after a mobile phone was heard ringing at the back of the plane.

No one admitted owning the phone so flight BA179 with 217 passengers on board returned to Heathrow as a precautionary measure, prompting BA to apologise for inconvenience, although it said safety was its "number one priority".

Before the restrictions were changed, travellers had been told to expect more cancellations and delays at UK airports.

Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott visited Stansted airport to see how the security measures were being put into practice.

Meanwhile, detectives investigating the alleged plot are conducting a major search for evidence at King's Wood near High Wycombe in Buckinghamshire, near the scene of one of the raids.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Source: BBC.co.uk

Apprently, as it is being said on the news airports are complaining because they were not notified to the change in baggage. Apprently you can take your laptop and mobile? (Will have to check that out)
x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 16, 2006 11:32 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

One boy (i think 12years old) got through security without a passport or ticket and boarded a plane!!! How did he do it?
Seinas

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 16, 2006 9:56 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x писал(а):
One boy (i think 12years old) got through security without a passport or ticket and boarded a plane!!! How did he do it?

yes, i read that today!! he boarded a plane bound for Lisbon at Gatwick

he had already sat down and was drinking and eating before a member of the crew noticed something was wrong!
x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 16, 2006 9:59 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

he legged it...

Последний раз редактировалось: x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x (Пт Июн 29, 2012 3:41 pm), всего редактировалось 1 раз
Jack

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Авг 16, 2006 10:09 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x писал(а):
Also, a man was air side he said he lost his wallet and was walking around the planes....then police confronted him and he legged it...

nah he didnt leg it lol he i saw him and a BAA geezer comfronted him and he Was told to go into the Terminal :-o heheehee but he was of the asian background
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

Перейти: