Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

What a tourist got to see in your town
На страницу Пред.  1, 2

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Seinas

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 03, 2006 9:38 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The King of Sting писал(а):
North Carolina? I thought they renamed that NASCARland a few years back lol

Anyways, the first challenge for a tourist is finding out what this town is actually called. Depending on your political and lingual preferences, it's either Doire, Derry or Londonderry. Alternatively, you can call it "Stroke City" in deference to the habit of news broadcasters a few years ago of referring to it as Derry-stroke-Londondonderry. Once you've got your head around that, you've got to figure out how to get here. Air links from Stansted in London, but not much further as the RSPB won't let us extend the runway, so regional we shall remain. Train line from Belfast is a joke, I wouldn't even consider it. Road is single-carriageway for the bulk of the distance. Considering we're Northern Ireland's second city, we don't get much. Theory is that it's due to the bulk of the population being Catholic (religious discrimination laws only came into effect IIRC in the early '80s), and the goodies all went to the mostly Protestant towns to the East of the Bann river (the University of Ulster being the most obvious- Coleraine's hardly half the size of Derry yet got chosen before us).

Hmm. Seems to be turning into a rant. Let's move on.

History's the big thing round here. The city walls dating back to the elizabethan plantations are the big draw, and still have cannons in place (althougth they're blocked up these days). If more recent history's your thing, then you can go see the murals http://www.cain.ulst.ac.uk/bogsideartists/murals.htm
There's quite a few bars and the live music scene's pretty good if that's your thing (plenty of buskers, too). There's also riverboat cruises and bus tours if you want to see a bit more. There is also a tourist narrow-gauge railway which is currently in mothballs as it looks like the council is gonna sell the land and build yet more f"Ј$%^& appartments (they've a tradition of short-sightedness to keep up). Best views are from the top of the cemetery, you can see nearly the whole city from up there and most of the lough as well). in terms of events, the big news is the Hallowe'en festival, which is big news around here, one of the biggest anywhere. There's the obligatory film festival and the "lark in the park" rally race on the east side as well. Speaking of which there's a couple of decent parks as well, but they're pretty much on the outskirts, except maybe Brooke Park. There's the occasional open air concert in Prehen park (we've had Oasis, Bryan Adams and Radio 1's "one big weekend") as well as an ice show every once in a while. A big deal's been made of the new theatre, and it's drawn a fair few big shows (Russian state ballet was here a while back) but I don't think it really lives up to the hype.

All of the above liberally doused in rain, of course...........

i prefer to call it ''Derry''

and of course you have air links with BA to Dublin and with Aer Arann to Liverpool and Manchester i think
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 6:10 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Ok I have though about this thread for a little time before I posted because I want it to be usefull, here goes.

In 1707 Scotland 'united' with England so now we have the UK.
When this happened both conteries became one. So we can no longer call Scotland a contry, but It can still be refeard to as a nation.
Now I have cleared this up their is no confusion so forgive me if I slip up.
(maby we will get our independence back in a few years though, it might happen)

Ok back on topic:

My 'contry' has two sides to it the good side and the bad side.
In the last few post I have read how bad peoples places are, blah blah blah.

I wont go down that path their is no point I know places are bad but you dont need to say this with pride. All I wil say about the bad points is at the end give advice on how to avoid trouble.

Onto the good stuff.
It dosnt really matter where you go up here. you get postcard scenery everwhere.
It can be nice, sometimes I forget how nice it can be.
And if you decide to venture into one of the cities then you can enjoy the culture.
We have lots of different cultures here, all of which have been accepted.
That is if you go into the city.
But for tourists you will probly want to enjoy the country.
If this is the case then their are hundreds of little highland towns with bed & breakfast facilities.

Why not just go for a walk in the hills then stay at a different B&B each night. It can be fun roaming the hills, true exploration.
And if you know how why bother with B&B's in some places you are allowed to hunt and fish for free.
But you need to check with the person who owns the land before you do anything.

If you want more info visit : www.scotland.com
lots of info for tourists, and it will probly list various sights to see, etc etc...
Well thats it for now.
I will wrap this up with some tips to avoid trouble.

Most of the crime and voilence that occurs in the cities will not effect the average tourist.
We are far too busy killing each other over stupid petty things to worry about tourist.
Only joking, but as ling as you read and understand the following you will be ok.

The main types of crime that affect tourists is mugging, drunk people looking for a fight and NED's

Muggers are smart here the look for weak targets so dont leave things open or wave money around.
Stay in a group or well lit area, I have noticed they have spent a lot of money recently installing extra lights and cameras in glasgow.
So your pritty safe, in that respect.

Drunk people looking for a fight, this is just part of life.
If you cannot handle a drunk then get one of the door men and they will help.
Thats what they are their for, let the bouncers handle it and go to a different club.

NED's the most easy to spot they look like this:
http://images.google.com/images?svnum=30&hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=glasgow+neds&btnG=Search
You may also want to have a look here:
www.glasgowsurvival.co.uk/
Thats quite funny for me but for the rest of you take it serious.
Neds are a pain in the ass.

If one of them says hey you, wit are you lookin it
Grab him by the beargaus coat punch them in the stomace untill they go down.
Then one in the face for good measure.
@moderators Please dont take this as a breach of the rules if a tourist is put in this situation then they must act fast or they will be attacked.

So that is NED's they shame the lot of us, but be carefull not everyone who dreeses like this is a ned.
Only protect yourself if you are apporached.

I think the equivlelent in England is a CHAV but CHAV is a buzz word as far as im concerned.
NEDs are basically young criminals they do carry lockbacks and macheties.
(Knife's and other weapons)

This is my advice.

I dont want to stop people from comeing here this is an amazing contry but you just need to be carefull if you stay in the city long enough someone will challenge you at somepoint you just need to watch for that.

And if this helps someone then that was the point of the whole post,
Thanks.

Jon.

www.tATuism.com - Powered by t.A.T.u. Fans!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение MSN Messenger
Sinuli

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 9:45 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My"city":)
Some links..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muonio

http://images.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fookes.com/gallery/pictures/lapland08.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.fookes.com/gallery/lapland08.htm&h=450&w=600&sz=31&tbnid=li2Uzuw4UsG_GM:&tbnh=99&tbnw=133&hl=fi&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmuonio%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dfi%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG

http://images.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=http://www.laplandexperience.com/assets/images/olos_pic02.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.laplandexperience.com/html/olos.html&h=360&w=374&sz=23&tbnid=3ShVGJG0hEqezM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=118&hl=fi&start=3&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dolos%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dfi%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN

http://images.google.fi/imgres?imgurl=http://www.wackelsteintours.stmlackner.at/DSCN2941_A_kl.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.wackelsteintours.stmlackner.at/fotopall.htm&h=150&w=200&sz=30&tbnid=OPLoSLrnvCHVfM:&tbnh=74&tbnw=99&hl=fi&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dpallas%2Btunturi%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dfi%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Mark

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 11:01 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
My"city":)
Some links..

**LINKS WENT HERE!!!**

Cool :D You're city is really pretty :)
Isn't that where people say Santa lives?

Jon, the good parts about Scotland sound cool, but the bad parts about Scotland aren't too good...

I think we have an equivalent to NEDs here. We call them Yobbos, Westies or Bogans...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=westie
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bogan
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yobbo
Arnaudfrenchy

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 11:07 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My city ?...

So ... Houses of Champagne ! :D
More and more here : www.ville-reims.com

or here : www.tourisme.fr/reims/

;)

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 12:07 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Jon...

Aren't Neds townies?

How dya know if one's a Ned or not?
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 1:27 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

@Mark & Necro well first I want to say thanks for taking an interest.
And for that I will give a better idea of the NED culture that I have to deal with on a day to day basis.

NED is basicaly short for Non Educated Delinquent
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=define+neds&btnG=Google+Search

You could call them townies but they aren't exclusive to the city center they exist all over.

How can you tell who is a ned from normal people.
Well its hard. sometimes I look like a ned in my track suit but.
As some of my friends say.
-Your never a NED your a smart ba**ard!

Thats probly whats going to decide it.
But you know a NED if someone who looks like one walks up to you and says
"wit ar ya lookin it" translated = "what are you looking at"
They are basically trying to prevok you.
If you dont rise to it they will either throw something or try to hit you in someway.
The reason they try to prevok you is because in scotland the law is if you attack first then the other person is acting in self defence even if they have put you in hospital, they will go free.
Unless they use a knife but then they won't prevok you they will just stab you.
Thats why I advise you get in the first hit.
As a tourist you can argue that you felt threatend for your life and this will stand up in court.

So ther you go thats what neds are and to most of the time if they are not drinking they are trying to hurt people.

Also you learned a little bit of the legal system.
All very usefull if you ever visit here.

@Mark The good part's are cool and I tend not to think about the rest you get used to it growing up and it just fades into the background. And their is the whole secterian thing that I really dont want to talk about.

EDIT: I have decided to say you might as well not visit Glasgow, just go to Edinburgh or Aberdeen, Stirling or Inverness.
In Edinburgh the fire the 1o'clock gun every day at the castle so that something to check out.
Stirling also has a castle and the 'Wallace monument' our own freedom fighter. Lest we forget the blood spilled by our ancestors, for our freedom.
Just give the city I live near to a miss. save yourself the trouble.

Последний раз редактировалось: Jon (Вт Янв 17, 2006 2:34 pm), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
Sinuli

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 2:15 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

My"city" means that here in Muonio lives about 2400 people so we cant talk about city..:)

As you know, santa lives here in Finnish Lappland only.
Mark

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 2:27 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
My"city" means that here in Muonio lives about 2400 people so we cant talk about city..:)

As you know, santa lives here in Finnish Lappland only.

Okie dokie, then I'll say your "municipality" is a very beautiful place :D

Yay Santa :D (or... Joulupukki ;))

Цитата:
Everything Jon said about Scotland and NEDs

Ahh... I see what you're saying. Neds are just pricks who pick fights with people because they know they can't get into trouble for fighting back...

Yeah, thats not Westy/Yobbo/Bogan, but I do know people that fit your descriptions.

Thanks for the info about Scotland, and how to be safe in Scotland :D
Very informative and useful for tourists :D

Maybe I'll come see the good parts of Scotland sometime :D
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 3:24 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Mark писал(а):
Ahh... I see what you're saying. Neds are just pricks who pick fights with people because they know they can't get into trouble for fighting back...

Yeah thats them and it isnt just that they dont care also. they dont do anything apart from drink and fight so even if the got put in jail it would be like a paid holiday.

Its a real shame, but apart from that your welcome to the info.
Theirs no point in trying to hide it.
Its nothing to be proud of, and I how one of us decent people steps in to help out if they ever saw this happening to a tourist.

And if you ever do come you will have a great time.

Kristoffer

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Янв 17, 2006 3:49 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Mark, I hate you, you get to live in Sydney!! Australia is definitely a place I wanna visit as soon as possible. You know even as a kid I always dreamt about moving to Australia and feeding koalas in my backyard :)
bdevoe

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 26, 2006 4:54 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Couple of things:
First - Denver is pretty amazing. I actually chose to live here. :) You get to see the Rocky Mountains, which are tres cool, and there is TONS to do (if you're into outdoor activities - hiking, skiing, biking, etc). It truly is 1 mile (5280'=1609m) above sea level in most places and has the most 14000'+ (4267m) peaks (called "fourteeners") of any US state.
We have our own hockey team (the Avalanche), baseball team (the Rockies) and, of course, football (Broncos - who played horribly Sunday). I think the only thing we're missing (and I claim ignorance on this) is a NASCAR track. :) Nightlife is good (can't compare) and the arts are okay (definitely can't compare, but they're not bad :). The most amazing thing, though, is the people. There are the occasional 'bad eggs', but most everyone is friendly and helpful. Especially if you're cute/handsome. ;)

Jon - I love Scotland. Okay, Edinburgh. :) I actually planned on getting my Ph.D. in Medieval British History so I could 'retire' to teach at Edinburgh Uni. :) In fact, I'm planning on going back for Hogmanay this year. :) (Only the 2nd time...) Having checked out the recommended NED reading, I think... yeah - I'll skip Glasgow this year. ;) But you're welcome to come to Edinburgh. :)

Mark - You ba***rd - living in Sydney. :) I SO want to go there. Maybe someday.
The King of Sting

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 26, 2006 8:02 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

bdevoe писал(а):
Couple of things:
F I think the only thing we're missing (and I claim ignorance on this) is a NASCAR track. :)

Oh you got better than that. Way, way better- http://www.gpdenver.com/

I'm seriously envious of you now (being a diehard champcar fan). Denver sounds pretty damn good to me....
yulia_lena123

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Янв 26, 2006 8:06 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

hmmmm waht would a tourist get to see in my city? ha! i know!
a pizza hut, city hall, a court house, a blockbuster, a park, a bowling alley and a very old and rusty cinema lol. in other words...the tourist would see NOTHING :P
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail Посетить сайт автора AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
авторитет

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Сен 13, 2008 8:38 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

^ Made by Eariel ^

It's true that Jesus cannot save
I'm rising from the grave
To put my double cross to shame
A poison rush, a heart attack
A white assassin painted black...

Последний раз редактировалось: авторитет (Сб Сен 20, 2008 9:27 pm), всего редактировалось 1 раз
wrog

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Сен 13, 2008 11:02 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Mhh, in my "city" - Rosarito, Mexico.
Well, they can go to a nice beach & go to the studios were they filmed Titanic & parts of Deep Blue Sea, Master & Commander: The Far Side of The World & Pearl Harbor.

Now they're going to film Narnia 3 here.
Mhh... but nothing else really important lol

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Сен 20, 2008 9:22 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

In my town tourists can see polar bears getting drunk in pub´s and bars after 23:00 with penguins and wolfs
Tourists can also see Igloos where people of my home country lives
Temperatures are really low (all the time under -60 degrees of Celsius in winter as low as -89 degrees of Celsius)
And tourist must prepare them selfs to be drunk all the time (it is illegal to be sober in here) Mr. Green Mr. Green

Oh i almost forgot Orca´s (Killer Whales) live in lakes around my home town Wink

^ Made by Eariel ^

It's true that Jesus cannot save
I'm rising from the grave
To put my double cross to shame
A poison rush, a heart attack
A white assassin painted black...
meteor5

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Сен 27, 2008 3:07 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

i can see french ppl.Because there is a french high school in here.i think that he is a teacher

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Сен 30, 2008 7:29 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

meteor5 писал(а):
i can see french ppl.Because there is a french high school in here.i think that he is a teacher

and also there're are so many Italian schools.. I saw so many French, Italian, German, Russian and Ukrainian tourists in Istanbul..

www.taturkey.net

I'm a refugee, I live in my heart... Not a captive, never a slave.. I live on my own...
I'm a refugee, in fact there's no boundary in here, no win - no lose.. There's no bigger power than this power...
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу Пред.  1, 2
Страница 2 из 2

Перейти: