Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

'Plot to blow up planes' disrupted [UK]
На страницу 1, 2  След.

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Dean

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 9:30 am    Заголовок сообщения: 'Plot to blow up planes' disrupted [UK] Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
'Airlines terror plot' disrupted

All airports have been put under the restrictions

Reid statement
A terrorist plot to blow up planes in mid-flight from the UK to the US has been disrupted, Scotland Yard has said.
It is thought the plan was to detonate explosive devices smuggled on to as many as 10 aircraft in hand luggage.

Police were searching addresses after a total of 21 people were being kept in custody after 25 arrests in the London area and West Midlands.

High security is causing delays at all UK airports, and MI5 has raised the threat level to critical.

According to MI5's website, critical threat level - the highest - means "an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK".

Metropolitan Police Deputy Assistant Commissioner Paul Stephenson said the alleged plotters had intended "mass murder on an unimaginable scale".

HAVE YOUR SAY
This disruption is one of the short term limits on freedom that are needed

Tony Shield, Chorley

Send us your experiences

Home Secretary John Reid confirmed that there had apparently been a plot "to bring down a number of aircraft through mid-flight explosions causing a considerable loss of life".

According to BBC sources the "principal characters" suspected of being involved in the plot were British-born. Arrests were made in High Wycombe, London and Birmingham.

In other major developments:

The US Department of Homeland Security increased the threat level applied to US-bound commercial flights originating in the UK

The Home Office confirmed there had been three meetings overnight and on Thursday morning of the Cabinet's emergency committee, Cobra, chaired by Mr Reid, to discuss the terror alert

A spokesman for Number 10 said Tony Blair had briefed US President George Bush on the situation during the night

All passengers were banned from taking hand luggage onto flights, while the government warned of delays.

BBC home affairs correspondent Daniel Sandford said he did not think the police believed an attack was imminent.

I was handed a piece of paper saying that pretty much nothing could be taken on board the plane

Joe Lynam
BBC journalist at Gatwick

Flights disruption across UK
At-a-glance: UK airports

"The reason for raising the threat level is in case there is some other sub-plot, back-up plot around this that the police aren't aware of," he said.

Scotland Yard said in a statement that their investigation into the alleged plot was a "major operation" which would be "lengthy and complex".

"We would like to reassure the public that this operation was carried out with public safety uppermost in our minds."

BBC security correspondent Gordon Correra said given that most liquids were being banned from flights it suggested the suspected plot involved "some kind of liquid explosive".

He also said the plot had an "international dimension", while the investigation had involved the CIA.

"The Americans have definitely been involved for quite some time," he said.

Prime Minister Tony Blair is on holiday in the Caribbean, but Downing Street said the police operation was undertaken with his full support and he had been "in constant touch".

Transparent bags

The Department for Transport set out the details of the security measures at UK airports.

THREAT LEVEL
The current threat level is assessed as critical as of 10th August 2006 - this means that an attack is expected imminently and indicates an extremely high level of threat to the UK

MI5 statement

Reid's terror plea
Ministers' statements in full

Passengers are not allowed to take any hand luggage on to any flights in the UK, the department said.

Only the barest essentials - including passports and wallets - will be allowed to be carried on board in transparent plastic bags.

"We hope that these measures, which are being kept under review by the government, will need to be in place for a limited period only," the statement said.

British Airways said that passengers who do not wish to fly on Thursday could rebook on flights leaving over the next two weeks.

At Stansted airport, more than 2,000 passengers, clutching their plastic bags, snaked around the terminal queuing to pass through customs.

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm

This is why I hate flying.... just glad I'm not flying to Russia this week!!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 10:01 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I dont even know if this is worth posting about.
A few things come to mind when I hear this.

I dont even care anymore because it has been going on for so long.

It could possably just be scare tactics by the government for the simple reason. If these people were going to do this they would get jobs at airports and spot the holes in security to make it happen or create holes if their arnt enough. They do operate at this level.

So with that in mind why should the average person worry over it?
Its not as if we can help prevent anything, can we.

EDIT:
That shouldnt be your reason to hate flying global warming should ;-)
I say that even though I would fly myself -_-

www.tATuism.com - Powered by t.A.T.u. Fans!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение MSN Messenger
x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 11:08 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Have you heard what your not allowed to take on the plane too!!!!

Последний раз редактировалось: x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x (Пт Июн 29, 2012 3:39 pm), всего редактировалось 1 раз
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 11:33 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I just turned on the news; it's ridiculous!

I half wonder if they don't just make the threats up to scare people...

Chrissie I feel for you... No teenager should have to go on holiday without their mp3 player! =((
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Посетить сайт автора
Kavi

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 11:35 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

i don't even have an mp3 player... spoiled kids.... And i think it's BS, 10 suitcases with bombs? come on now you guys can be more creative than that...
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail MSN Messenger
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 11:53 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Kavi писал(а):
i don't even have an mp3 player...

Buy one!
x_C.h.r.i.s.s.i.e_x

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 12:16 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Цитата:
Chrissie I feel for you... No teenager should have to go on holiday without their mp3 player! =((

LOL thanks....but its just all this terror is never going to end. And we are not the only country to be affected its like a knock-on effect you know! Like easy jet flights, one has to fly to France when then flies to Spain which then flies to Portugal! You know what I mean?

I don't understand why the UK and USA keep thinking there the top dogs and control the world. Because they can't!
This is just never going to end!
And putting stuff in plastic bags...ahhhh no its not working! It's ridiculous there not even selling fizzy drinks!

Just think those these were 'plots' and if they were not intercepted today then these could of striked out at any time in the near future!

Kavi, they wern't all in suitcases they were in handluggage in fizzy drink bottles!
billiechaz

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 12:55 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

*sighs* me thinks they are just doing it for publicity purposes now....i'm glad it was nipped at the bud, but god what they are doing is getting old fast.

That said, i can't help but say, i'm proud to be british today....obviously, if their plans had worked everyone would be in mass hysteria, blah, blah. But even thinking about it kinda makes you shudder, but those people waitng to find out if their plane was cancelled or not just shrugged their shoulders and basically said "s*it happens", so the terrorists are not getting the attention they want ^^ w00t ^^
3BE3DbI

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 3:36 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I also think it's blown out of proportion for publicity...

I can't say I'm particularly proud to be British; I agree with what Chrissie said- we're becoming like America, thinking we're world police.
Maraja

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 7:45 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

^Yes you are. LOL
But one of terrorists' goals are to make western economy weak.

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 7:59 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

hell i would be glad if our economy was weak... ****ing 1000 dollars for a 1 way plane ticket my ass....
Obezyanki

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 8:20 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

" To All Americans since we know you are afraid to fly.. we are pleased to announced all of our flights are 50$ and you can stay at the hotels for free"

that would be great.
Kavi

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 8:23 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Go tell them to say that Kim :).
Kavi

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 8:33 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

yea $50... my life would be fulfilled.... then all i would have to do is get imancipated(spelling?) so i can leave the country without my parents permission :).
Бум

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 8:47 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Horror! Because these terrorists enrage all! They make our lives not quiet

http://www.rambler.ru/db/news/simg.html?mid=8436808&n=3
Kavi

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 8:49 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

wow i feel sorry for those people... i hope it isn't like that when i go to airport..
necromantic_angel

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Авг 10, 2006 10:31 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

They can't make Western economy weak by bombing planes...gee...
Bomb WallStreet then we'll have another Greater Depression for sure.

F**k them all !
Faites l'amour
Nous la guerre
Nos vies a l'envers
F**k them all !
Faites l'amour nous la guerre
Saigner : notre enfer !

And that includes our beloved preznit...

Oh thanks for the terror btw, I might be able to get cheap plane tickets to Asia and Europe in the next few weeks. Reserve for next year!

Hurrah for the Scotland Yard!!

(Boo to the CIA who had everything they need to stop 9/11).
talyubittu

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 9:05 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

The responses from people in this topic utterly disgust me! Are you aware of the fact that if these poeple were just normal people they had arrested to just scare people - the British government would not have found Explosive liquids mixed with sports drinks so that they could be detonated with eletronic devices made to look like mp3 players etc!? It's amazing that when the government DOES try to prevent somthing, they're wayyyy to overprotective and that they over-react. But when two NYC buildings blow up and British public tranit buses blow up its the governments fault for not investigating into it beforehand. Half the people landing in America right now are lucky they aren't in 8 pieces over the atlantic or being flown into buildings in the USA/UK. As far as policing the world? Why in the world was that comment even needed. The only planes on high alert are British airlines and airlines going to the USA from the UK. It is not at all anything like policing the world. It's sad that somthing finnaly good happens and the world claims that its just publicity or a scandal. ANyone remember Bojinka? It seems a few of us have forgotten that.

Цитата:
I don't understand why the UK and USA keep thinking there the top dogs and control the world.

And reminder - without the financial and military aid of these two countries the face of the earth would not be the same. Your countries would be poor and probably Axis controlled. Not to mention having Coummunism spread throughout the world. But yes - f**k us because we help people. We're horrid. I mean it's not like we're saying horrible things about countries that help us or anything - that's just unfathomable. (Sarcasam).
Jon

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 10:20 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Key word in what I said their was POSSABLY which I probaly didnt spell correctly.
And you realise im just one person, dont you, I could be wrong.
How do you know that they found what they found were you their when they found it?
All you know is what you were told.

And it is not amazing the government tryies to protect us, its their job.
Thats why we have MI5 for Internal intellegence where as MI6 is for External a-la James Bond ^_^
And the US has all their agencies.

But the point of my post was why do we care? We cannot change anything, you think this is a new threat because the US is targeted?
I find it funny how they scare you lot in the news and they show watered down pictures of war.
Based on what my grandad told me as a kid and reading a few things its nothing a normal person like me or you can understand.
Why do they even do that? We get ABC on cable here I watch it and compare and to be honest its a one sided joke. Thats the only way to describe it.
Yes you hear about soldiers dying all the time, but realise.
They are soldiers fighting in a war its their Job they want to be their fighting for their country, just as I would if my contry existed and was under attack. And yes it should never come to that. But it dose because the world is full of stupid people. You agree?

Anyway thats going off topic. About the last part of your post I just cant agree with that.
The UN and other aid organisations do as much if not more than the US and UK.
And how do you know what the world would turn out like?
How do you know Dictators would rule?
If you go by history people always rise up against tyranny.

And to finnish of my post the UK and US dont rule the world Technology dose.
The Romans built roads and cities they ruled the world.
The British built ships took over the seas and ruled the world.
The US gathered some scientists from europe to build them a big bomb so now they rule the world.
I could name a few other empires and their achievments that gave them power but it is the morning and I cant be bothered typing any more.

I dont even know if I want to replie after this I will if you come up with something good but really its pointless.

www.tATuism.com - Powered by t.A.T.u. Fans!
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение MSN Messenger
talyubittu

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Авг 11, 2006 5:08 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

And the people who rose up against tyranny during WWII we're the US and the UK. Had the USA not liberated Europe no one living there would have the same life. And Idk about in your country - but in America - most soldiers only go into the reserve so they can get their college paid for. They don't actually want to fight.
Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
На страницу 1, 2  След.
Страница 1 из 2

Перейти: