Список форумов T.A.T.U

FAQFAQ   ПоискПоиск   ПользователиПользователи   ГруппыГруппы   РегистрацияРегистрация 
 ПрофильПрофиль   Войти и проверить личные сообщенияВойти и проверить личные сообщения   ВходВход 
shop tatyofficial site   shop taty

Pick your war

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions
Предыдущая тема :: Следующая тема  
Автор Сообщение
Capuchino

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Май 23, 2007 9:31 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Pick your war Ответить с цитатой

Let me start off by saying that I support the troops in Iraq but I just think there's a better way to handle the whole ordeal. I mean we didn't even try a diplomatic approach, we just dived right in screaming war, and now it's come back to bite us in the arse. We were blinded by fury and a need for revenge, and not till now (what six years later) have we realized the mistake we made and the first word that came out of our mouth was oops. We're more in debt than we ever been and gas prices are rising and it's not gonna stop. There are better things we could be fighting, things that need to be dealt with here in America, and if you are from another country well then I bet you have your own problems. But here in America, doesn't it seem that the number of child predators is on the rise, that crime itself is increasing. If you want to pick a world wide war than why not look at what might destroy us all, global warming. Instead of fighting a war about something that happened, don't get me wrong 911 does sadden me, but let's try to fight to prevent something big from happening. oh.. and something else that we could be fighting... famine, AIDS, segregation, and overall poverty.

Long winded I know but, it's something that needs to be said. anyone want to comment or add something better that we could be fighting for?

When life throws you a lemon
Squeeze it in it's eyes and run away
Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение Отправить e-mail
necromantic_angel

СообщениеДобавлено: Ср Май 23, 2007 10:09 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Iraq is [] that close to fragmentation. There are so many factions, tribes, and the whole Shi'a Shi'ite problem, that a larger international effort to subdue separatists is the only answer that I could see that could pull this country from the sticky web of chaos.

Of course, no one is exactly willing to help our unpopular preznit with his Mid-East agenda.

Heck, even the Democrats are hopelessly divided with regards to their platform. They're also in a quagmire, just like the Republicans. We can't have a general consensus about the Iraqi crisis, and it isn't like Vietnam because we're not fighting an idea. If we pull off, Iraq would crumble faster than its puppet government could say "Stop!"

Now with other global crises, more trees, less bush. I'm not blaming it all on him. All the other nations in this world, developed or developing, has something to do with the environmental crisis. The US just happened to be the absolute hog among the big guys. What's worse is, the big guys aren't doing much to help the little dudes to shorten their transitional stages. End result: unprecedented population increase alongside unmonitored increase in industries leading to horrifying environmental challenges.

Because these developing countries are finally tasting affluence, they're sprinting towards consumer societies, as if they're trying to emulate the Western Industrial Revolution. If this keeps up, even the Amazon will lose her virginity.

However, the problem with the environment cannot be solved by an international group, or one person. Fixing the planet requires an individual effort from everyone. Make better decisions, self-educate, help educate others. Remember, knowledge is power.

Ok that's it. End of rant. No more environmental topics in this forum, or else I'm gonna have to drive over to that accursed area called Falls Chase and thrash every machinery and blueprints they have there to ease my angst. Seriously, a Target, WalMart, Publix, CVS, and a Mall all right next to each other!! How would this be accomplished? They clear-cutted the whole area. Bam! Every single tree, gone! Weeks later, dead animals are scattered throughout the nearby lake, like they had a mass exodus from a Sodom and Gomorrah only to meet a lack of living space in their supposedly adapted habitat. Never shopping there, ever!
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Май 24, 2007 5:19 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

I'm definately not entitled to judge American politicians..as I have my own worries about politics in my country. It doesn't matter, anyhow...I mean where are politicians objective as they should be? War definately is not the solution...but how pacifist or idealist can one be nowadays, since Middle East is still fragile, when the energy or the gas in most of the countries is right there.
Since the former USSR and USA decided to confront indirectly there in the Middle East,during Cold War, moving at the margins of their blocks, they began "fueling" new ambitions of peoples there; peoples actually concentrating religious ambitions, trying to define or legitimate a territory, and, in the process, acknoledging they were sitting on the world's greatest petrol resource.
We cannot actually blame muslims for their belief that as long as history is thrieving, their sacred religion does the same. Well, they're still using armament provided by the great powers, even dating from the 2nd WW.
So, can one think of pollution and damages increasing every day, and consider it thoroughly, when we don't merely have a peace perspective...a stable one?

It's very interesting, that whenever peoples feel war threat they inherently react, protest and think of bigger problems affecting the entire planet. And there it comes : immediate worries ( concerning economicaland political concerns) vs. universal ones(concerning the future of human life and its ecosystem and entire planet, actually). We may choose between being intensely socialized and enrolled into the immediate problems or adopt a peaceful attitude and fight for some universal principles.

And as Capuchino mentioned about diplomacy, well, I think that it's all about a generation of politicians ready to confront one another verbally, get to compromise and re-discover communication(which IS the most appropiate in dealing with conflicts). Sincerely, I don't want to be pesimistoc, but I don't think the Greatest powers nowadays really have that poised attitude, or willingness to be firstly diplomats and secondly rulers....
marco
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Май 24, 2007 6:08 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

If i would have to pick a war i would pick cold war because i over-romanticize it i know it may sound bit childish i don´t know why? but in my business man mind it would just bring money to me (aka lord of war) but i think if i choose
gun business it would bring money even without cold war because situation of the world to day and in my opinion the world is just going to lot of harder place to most of people and really better place to few chosen ones so i cant complain because i belong to world millionaire glass but because of my romantic mind i would choose cold war : )> ( i haven´t been chosen gun business -yet) But in real world i would chose a war against sex criminals they just make me mad
Capuchino

СообщениеДобавлено: Чт Май 24, 2007 8:03 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

necromatic-angle, you're right, but maybe the government can do something about that knowledge. Make more of an effort to teach people, then thier might be more of an effort from the community to try.

necromantic_angel

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Май 25, 2007 2:23 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Nah, pro-environmental actions can only be implemented iff a) it is has a grassroots beginning (eg individual cities, like what Naples is attempting to do right now) b) a new Rachel Carson comes along.
Capuchino

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Май 25, 2007 2:51 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

well, why not? Let's have another Rachel Carson then, or we could just petition to our own state governments. I mean how many votes would it take to get this issue noticed when it affects so many people?

marco
Гость

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Май 25, 2007 1:09 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

At this moment i would pick up a war against any authority , but i am reasonable person so i won´t do that : )>
Capuchino

СообщениеДобавлено: Пт Май 25, 2007 11:29 pm    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

yeah!!! fight the man!!!hmm... I only fight authority if I feel I'm right. Like today, during school, the school's director decided to confiscate all the backpacks because she thought someone was going to do something stupid. That really made me angry because if someone was going to bring a water gun to school then there are better places to hide it other than your backpack.

hayate

СообщениеДобавлено: Сб Май 26, 2007 4:13 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

This quote fairly sums up my feelings about wars and those who create them.
Цитата:

Is it possible that a few rich men, a small class of men, have persuaded a million poor men to attack and attempt to destroy another million men as poor as they? So that the rich may be richer still? They told them that this brutal war was the destiny of the race, it was for the glory of the emperor, it was for the honour of the state, it was for their king and country. False. False as hell. They make war to capture markets by murder, raw materials by rape. They find it cheaper to steal than to exchange, easier to butcher than to buy. This is the secret of war. It is the secret of all wars. Profit. Business. Profit. Blood money. Threaten a reduction on the profit of their money, and the beast within them awakes with a snarl. They become as ruthless as savages, brutal as madmen, remorseless as executioners. There can be no permanent peace in the world while they live. Such an organization of human society as permits them to exist must be abolished. These men make the wounds.

-Dr. Norman Bethune

Посмотреть профиль Отправить личное сообщение AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Capuchino

СообщениеДобавлено: Вт Май 29, 2007 4:06 am    Заголовок сообщения: Ответить с цитатой

Nicely put, and the basic truth... or at least that's what it seems

Начать новую тему   Ответить на тему    Список форумов T.A.T.U -> Free discussions Часовой пояс: GMT
Страница 1 из 1

Перейти: